Sunday, August 15, 2010

Alright, on with it!

So I hadn't planned to start quilting again. I really hadn't. I disposed of my sewing machine, gave away my supplies, gifted my entire stash to my Mom, et cetera... about 6-7 years ago or so. Then I found out that my best friend had never gotten the quilt that he had purchased the fabric for over 7 years ago (my sister was going to make it). Even though he's no longer my best friend (for a myriad of reasons), I figured it is my responsibility to make the quilt since I am the one who talked him into it in the first place. So. Fabric shopping was on the list... I didn't have ANYTHING.

His favorite colors are blue & yellow, and those were the colors chosen for his quilt 7 years ago. I managed to hit a sale and pick up enough blue & yellow fabrics for a large quilt. Excuse the kind of blurry camera phone pic.


Then came the marathon washing and pressing and cutting to get it from THAT, to THIS.

Yeah, doesn't look like much, does it? Never does, at this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment